Congratulations on your achievement at your regional competition of National History Day in Georgia 2020!
You are now invited to participate in the virtual state contest.
NHD GA IMPORTANT DEADLINES:
State Contest Entries Due: Sunday, April 19, 2020, by 11:59 p.m.
Paper & Website Entries Due: Sunday, April 19, 2020, by 11:59 p.m.
MUST-READ: VIRTUAL CONTEST REGISTRATION DIRECTIONS
Registration for the state contest is via the online NHD contest registration system. After the regional coordinator of your regional contest advances your entry and your teacher registers you on the National History Day website.
Registering a pre-existing 2020 NHD GA account:
If you participated in a NHD GA Regional contest that used the online registration system you will use your pre-existing username and password to register for the state contest. After you have logged in, update your details and upload the most current version of your project documents.
Registration site: https://ga.nhd.org/?f=faa3ff89-e130-4d81-8f70-e07819fd3434
Creating a new account:
If you did not use the NHD online registration for your regional contest then you must make a contest account. Your teacher must register first. Students are unable to register for accounts until their teachers have registered.
Steps for creating an account are as follows:
- Visit: https://ga.nhd.org/?f=260e45c3-fcca-4122-af76-b859716a14b1
(please note that your teacher must register first)
- Go to the “Student’s Main” tab.
- Create an account. You will need to enter your first and last name as well as a current email address.
- Confirm that, “You are not a robot” (This is an online security feature).
- On the “Registration-Personal Information” page, please fill out all of the information.
- The webpage will generate a username for you. Click “save and continue” and move to the next page.
- Please select your school, your teacher, and your grade.
- On the “Additional Questions” page, please enter your first and last name in the box next to the phrase: “I understand that I must be accompanied and supervised by either a parent, teacher or adult chaperone on the day of the state contest.”
Then completely answer the remaining questions. When finished click “save and continue” and move on to the next page.
- On the “Creating New Project Page,” Please enter the full title of your project when creating a new project. If you are in a group and your group member has already registered, then you must click on the “Link/Join existing Team Project” at the top of the page. If you are creating a new project or are the first member of a group to create a project, then select whether or not your project will be a group project, whether or not your project will need an electrical outlet, your project’s category, enter a project description, and enter your abstract. To continue, click “save and continue.”
- The next page is an information review page. Please go over all of your information to make sure it has been entered correctly. To continue click, “My information is correct.”
- On the “Permissions and Waivers” page, please read each statement carefully before agreeing. Click “save and submit.”
- You will be directed to a post-registration page. Please read the information on the post-registration page.
Under the circumstances the registration fee for the 2020 NHD Georgia State Contest has been waived. No fee is required.
- State Contest: VIRTUAL.
- State registration and upload deadline: Sunday, April 19, at 11:59 p.m.
- Historical papers and website entries: Due Sunday, April 19, 2020, at 11:59 p.m.
- Students are not allowed to register until their teacher has completed their registration.
- ALL students that are competing must register.
- Groups must link to their group members using the team id given to the first group member to register.
- At the state contest, students are REQUIRED to be accompanied by a supervising parent, teacher, or chaperone.
- NHD Georgia 2020 T-shirts are available! See the post-registration page after you register for details.
We look forward to seeing your work at State!
Questions or concerns?
Contact Dr. Kevin Shirley at email@example.com.